Administrative Assistant - Hospice House
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 4:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking an administrative assistant for our hospice house to provide administrative tasks including receptionist’s duties as assigned under the direction of the Hospice House Manager and the Vice President of Clinical services. Integrate and demonstrate the Core Values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
- Answer all incoming call promptly and professionally.
- Provide information to callers, route calls appropriately and relay messages as needed.
- Greet persons entering organization.
- Welcome all visitors and direct individuals to correct destination.
- Maintain security, visitor sign in log and issue visitor badges as needed.
- Respond to general inquiries; provide information to patient’s families and visitors.
- Receive deliveries from outside vendors with appropriate follow through.
- Respond to questions and provide information to other departments and the public related to the department, whether by phone, email, letter or in person with timely follow through.
- Perform routine office duties include processing mail and purchase orders, answering department calls, making copies, scanning, faxing, filing, ordering supplies, updating department database and other duties as required. Collaborate with Finance/ Purchasing to periodically arrange for conference registration and travel for department associates and/or board members. Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate staff meetings.
- High school diploma and five years related work experience.
- Associates or bachelors degree preferred but will consider all individuals with qualified experience.
- Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database reporting required, and the ability to type efficiently.