Experienced RN Home Health OASIS $2,000 Sign On BONUS
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Full Time
- Work Days
- Work Hours
- Flexible Schedule
***The VNA is offering a $2,000 Sign On Bonus for EXPERIENCED Home Health RNs!
Eligibility for Bonus:
- Must have recent OASIS experience.
- Must have minimum of one year of recent medicare certified home health experience as RN.
Don't meet the requirements? Please return to our career page to find out if one of our other positions is a better fit for you.
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) is seeking an experienced Home Health RN to oversee the primary care and needs of the patient, from assessment to discharge. The Home Health RN will Assess client environment including family support to develop appropriate care plan for patient, including education about care and treatment for patient, utilizing family members or designated persons. The Home Health RN will provide direct patient care as the key facilitator for patient focused communication with all patients and family, establishment of the nursing care plan, activation of interventions, coordination and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and evaluation of outcomes.
Under the overall direction of a patient care manager, the successful candidate will have the freedom to be autonomous in the application of their clinical skills. A comprehensive, yet individualized orientation prepares the incumbent for their role and responsibility.
The schedule is Monday-Friday, with flexibility to manage the day. Must work a minimum of one weekend a month. Required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.
- Conducts initial assessment and establishes plan for treatment to obtain thorough physical, psychosocial and environmental data; establishes and follows a care plan which identifies problems (nursing diagnosis) and evaluates outcomes within a certain time frame.
- Assumes primary responsibility for a patient case load. Coordinates all services and collaborates with members of interdisciplinary team.
- On-going assessment of patient response to treatments, medications and teaching with intervention as needed. Revises care plans as needed.
- Communicates with physicians to confirm, correlate, update patients plan of treatment and provides physician with a status report on a regular basis.
- Maintains and updates clinical records, according to agency policy, State and Federal guidelines.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for scheduling clients on a weekly basis, updating as needed.
- Participates in chart audits and QA activities. Is required to attend mandatory inservices.
- Attends staff meetings, team meetings and may participate in inservice programs. Keeps abreast of new policies and procedures.
- Attends case conferences with supervisor on a regular basis to discuss new admissions, potential discharge patients, patients due for recerts and problems solving.
- Provides instruction and supervision of LPN's and HHA's on a timely basis; and in accordance with agency, State and Federal regulations.
- Utilizes office and work time effectively. Performs in an organized manner.
- Assists in orientation of new employees and students to primary nursing, field work and home care philosophy.
- Begins discharge planning upon patient's admission. Utilizes inter-agency and community resources to assure adequate and continuity of care after discharge.
- Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Responsible for timely completion of all paperwork.
- Proficient in clinical skills with ability to work independently and make sound judgments. Seeks assistance when needed.
- Must work a minimum of one weekend a month. Required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.
- Note: Full-time employees are required to manage on-call duties to best serve patients.
- Must hold current FL RN License.
- Minimum 1 year of recent medicare certified home health experience as RN required.
- Prior experience with electronic medical records required.
- Recent OASIS experience required.
- Effective communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills are inherent in the role.