- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a Foundation Coordinator to perform administrative, reception and data entry functions in support of the fund development program. Every action and donor interaction is a reflection of the VNA & Hospice Foundation. Data and gift processing can be complex; consequently, the donor data management system must be updated with the most current biographical and philanthropic information on its constituents. Effective and efficient management of donor data is an integral component of the Foundation’s strategic vision. Integrate and demonstrate the core values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
- Receive visitors to the Foundation and direct them as appropriate.
- Receive incoming calls; maintain and relay accurate messages promptly to appropriate person.
- Provide back up for all office phones in department.
- Demonstrate customer service when responding to all internal and external inquiries via phone, email or in person with accurate and timely information; ensure timely follow through
- Perform routine office duties, such as scheduling meetings, processing mail, maintaining and ordering office supplies, processing purchase requisitions, making copies, scanning, faxing, filing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate office repairs and perform monthly AED tests
- Assist and act as backup to Data Entry Specialist as needed with data and gift entry;
- acquire, compile and sort backup and check copies of daily donation deposit,
- verify accuracy of all data, including cash donations, pledges and pledge payments, grants, sponsorships, online credit card transactions, stock and wire transfers, event registrations, and new and updated constituent data
- research and/or communicate with donors to resolve discrepancies and obtain missing data
- generate and mail gift acknowledgement letters; acquire signatures based on gift amount and donor stewardship plan, recommend personalized gift acknowledgement letters when warranted i.e. special gift and/or donor/volunteer/community leader
- generate and mail memorial gift notification letters to family members weekly
- generate report of daily gift entry
- input donation sums per category into daily balance spreadsheet for reconciliation with Finance department
- maintain detailed files on daily gifts
- Accept credit card donation payments and give to Data Entry Specialist
- Scan local obituaries daily for constituent deaths and update donor data management system appropriately.
- Generate patient census, admission and death discharge reports from agency electronic medical record systems, to acquire new constituents and updated information on existing constituents, updating the database appropriately
- Respond accurately and thoroughly to questions and requests of internal and external customers
- Order and stock general Foundation postage, letterhead and envelopes
- Generate report and facilitate monthly birthday card mailing to donors, board members, community friends and VNA associates.
- Assist with in-house mailings
- Assist with planning and implementation of Foundation events
- Handle all donor information, donations and budgets with sensitivity, integrity and confidentiality
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules
- Follow VNA safety policies/procedures. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the immediate supervisor and Human Resources.
- Attend required meetings, seminars and functions and complete mandatory education by deadline
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or other database experience a plus