Full Time Hospice Aide - Hospice Home Team (SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!!)
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday; rotating weekend
- Work Hours
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $250 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
(Certain terms and conditions apply)
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 6 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- Up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Assocaition is seeking a per diem Hospice Aide to work on our hospice home team to perform and and/or assist with activities of daily living (ADL) and personal care as written in the client’s individualized plan of care. Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) or Patient Care Manager (PCM). Receive scheduling assignments and direction from the PCM, Senior Leader or Scheduler. Integrate and demonstrate the core values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
Regardless if CNA/HHA, will perform the duties of a HHA.
1. Perform ADL and personal care activities for the client according to the written assignment by the RN. Per State regulations the CNA/HHA may:
2. Provide safe, competent care to promote client health, hygiene, and comfort
3. Use/store equipment and supplies in a safe, appropriate manner; Follow VNA safety policies/procedures. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the supervisor and Human Resources
4. Provide light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dishwashing, laundering client’s garments, linen change, and dusting and vacuuming client’s room. Provide pet care if needed
5. Provide transportation for the client to physician appointments, errands, outside activities etc., as required
6. Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintain all protected health information (PHI) obtained in the course of work as confidential and, as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-workers or others outside of the Agency
7. Assist the client to reach maximum potential with mobility and activities of daily living under the direction of the RN
8. Document client’s condition through written or telephony reports to ensure continuity and quality of care and maintain clinical records according to agency guidelines
9. Observe and report client physical and mental changes to RN Nurse Case Manager, Patient Care Manager or Director
10. Follow safety practices, procedures and policies.
- Graduate of CNA Program with a minimum of 75 hours (HHA) including 20 hours of Home Health Education in the course curriculum or Graduate of 40 hour Home Health Aide program, and/or the VNA reserves the right to test Home Health Aide competencies
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum six months work experience in home health, hospice or acute/long term facility
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license
- Auto Insurance with bodily injur liability coverage per VNA requirement