Full Time Weekend CNA/HHA - Private Care
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Fri-Sat-Sun OR Sat-Sun-Mon
- Work Hours
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Generous paid time off accrual, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking qualified CNAs and HHAs to work with VNA Private Care to provide optimal, high quality care to our patients in their homes. A typical day will include physical and emotional care as well as home safety, fall prevention, fire prevention, and nutrition issues in order ensure client safety, comfort, and security. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated, dependable, and must be able to work independently, to carry out the specific duties assigned by the LPN or RN in charge, maintain accurate documentation regarding the client's condition and progress, and keep records of all the tasks and services performed in a patient's home. The VNA fosters a culture of continuous learning and education, and we encourage career path development from within the organization.
- The Associate performs only those personal care activities contained in a written assignment by a health professional associate.
- Follows HIPPA guidelines and maintains all medical information obtained in the course of work as confidential and as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-worker or others outside of the Agency. This includes information from the client’s clinical record and billing information or other electronically accessible data.
- Under the supervision of an RN provides quality care on an individual basis according to need to promote good health, hygiene, and comfort.
- Under the supervision of an RN within a team approach, corrects knowledge deficits and assists patients reach their maximum potential regarding mobility.
- Under the supervision of an RN within a team approach, corrects knowledge deficits and assists patients in reaching their maximum level of activities of daily living.
- Under the supervision of an RN provides comprehensive care on an individual basis for additional procedures and treatments as assigned.
- Provides through written or telephony reports, patients condition to ensure continuity of care and quality of care. Observes and reports physical and mental changes to RN supervisor.
- Maintains clinical records according to agency guidelines.
- Provides transportation for patient to doctor’s appointments, run errands, etc., as required
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- Current CPR card
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of automobile insurance with bodily injury liability coverage per VNA requirement
For faster onboarding with the VNA, it is preferred that applicants also have:
- Level 2 Background screening through AHCA Clearinghouse that states ‘eligible’
- A health statement within the last six months that states 'free from communicable disease' and PPD