Home Health Scheduler (LPN)
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a Home Health Scheduler to to support staff and patients regarding the scheduling of patients, with additional administrative and office duties to support the agency, department, immediate supervisor, their direct reports and staff. Perform duties under supervision by the Vice President of Clinical Services, or designee, such as a Patient care Manager.
- Maintain tickler system of all patients. Verifies clinical notes and services (PT/HHA) against schedule according to procedure and advises staff/supervisor of any missed documentation needed for MOD to adjust visit schedule, recertification and discharges
- Call or fax lab results to case manager and Patient Care Manager.
- Utilize productivity guidelines for staffing/scheduling needs.
- Assign case manager.
- Notify PCM and respective team member of new patient assignments and ensure timely discharge of same.
- Attend visits in Meditech.
- Place weekly schedules in the computer.
- Create Blank Ticklers and place name, address, HHRGs, etc., on specific ticklers.
- Schedule for evening/Back up on call.
- Take minutes at staff and other meetings.
- Place patient's address in the computer to assist with more efficient scheduling.
- Perform nursing and therapy department audits.
- Trouble shoot phone calls and/or schedules for the therapy department.
- Run reports for nursing and therapy departments.
- Organize and prepare monthly schedule for Nursing and home health aides ensure the appropriate amount of staff is available.
- Coordinate use of Staffing pool to fill staffing vacancies.
- Run and maintain daily scheduling reports, which include verifying employees' and patient schedule
- Maintain patient chart for continuity and scheduling by entering Primary Nurse and team into EMR
- Serves as a resource in Electronic Medical Record and provide training to staff
- Maintains Medconnect on-call schedule.
- Maintains inventory of Supervisor supply closet.
- Enter supplies in patient’s chart as required.
- In collaboration with VP of Clinical Services coordinate scheduling of seminar and enter in web purchasing for approval.
- Schedule of staff meetings
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of homecare is a plus.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is highly desired