Hospice House Cook
- Part Time
- Work Days
- Work Hours
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA of the Treasure Coast is seeking a Cook to provide high quality food service to Hospice House patients.
- Develops and prepares weekly Hospice House menu. Follows established dietary guidelines with an emphasis on comfort food.
- Purchases food and equipment necessary to carry out the weekly menu. Insures proper working order of kitchen appliances and tools.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to meet the unique dietary needs of the patients.
- Orients and trains volunteers on the use of the kitchen and dining room, safety, food handling, and patient meal service.
- Serves as the kitchen liaison by orienting patients and families to food service and the use of the kitchen and dining room.
- Works with volunteers to maintain daily kitchen operations including food service, kitchen cleanliness, and documentation.
- Collaborates with community partners such as Indian River Medical Center and Shining Light Garden to achieve cost-effective resources and food sources.
- Organizes and maintains the kitchen and storage areas.
- Provides proper storage for all foods and supplies needed in an organized kitchen and pantry.
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Department of Health and CDC regulations in the preparation and storage of food and kitchen cleanliness and maintenance
- Assists with holiday meals for: New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Independence Day.
- Maintains communication book in kitchen with current information regarding patient diet and intake.
- Attends Volunteer Recognition events, staff meetings, and training.
- Participates in Volunteer Performance Evaluations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current Food Manager Certificate for Florida
- Experience in designing menus and preparing meals
- Experience working in a customer service environment