- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Full Time
- Work Days
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a full time Hospice Scheduler for the Hospice Home Team. Under supervision and according to policy and procedure, the Hospice Scheduler maintains staffing schedules for the interdisciplinary team. Performs routine clerical and data entry duties associated with scheduling. Responsible for clerical and overall office support of hospice team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to perform scheduling duties with minimum supervision.
- Assists in taking hospice referrals, enters pertinent demographic information in HCHB and schedules admissions as back-up to Hospice Coordinator
- Participates as part of the clinical support team, providing information, directions with an internal customer service focus
- Completes courtesy phone calls to notify physician offices when patients expire
- Prepares monthly reports for mandatory F2F visits for hospice medical director as needed
- Tracks patient recertifications to ensure compliance with Medicare CoPs. Prints recertification packet for RN case manager to complete.
- Provides RN case managers with updated medication profiles and care plans for patients in homes and facilities. Assures Interdisciplinary Plan of Care form is provided to all patients in nursing facilities.
- Demonstrates analytical skills when maintaining schedules/staffing to ensure appropriate staffing ratios quality and continuity.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to ensure accurate scheduling, continuity and current patient information.
- Assigns care teams to new patients based on geographic location and caseload.
- Anticipates staffing needs and notifies PCMs when per diem staffing is indicated
- Maintains vacation, weekend and holiday on-call schedules
- Prepares reports on efficiency, time studies and productivity as requested.
- Fields phone calls from patients and families with questions regarding care. Maintains excellent customer service approach to care and directs calls to appropriate personnel as indicated.
- Performs clerical tasks for teams.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Scheduling experience preferred.
- Administrative experience preferred.