Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Hospice
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted 'Best Place to Work' for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
• Competitive pay
• 403(b) Retirement Savings plan
• Flexible schedules
• Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
• Free CEU credits and CPR recertification
• Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a full time LPN to work with our Hospice Home Team. In this role, you will provide one to one care to a patient in their home or assisted living facility. Hospice experience is preferred but candidates with acute or long term care experience will be considered.
1. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Call MD with verification of medication changes.
2. Observes patients condition to monitor response to drugs and treatments.
3. Counsels and teaches patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
4. Follows a care plan established by the RN.
5. Follows care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Maintains clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
7. Follows discharge plans determined by RN.
8. Follow policy and procedure manual pertaining to nursing procedures and treatments.
9. Reports changes in patient condition to MD, primary case manager and/or Patient Care Manager.
10. Must work a minimum of one weekend a month; required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.
- Hospice experience required but will consider long term care experience working with Hospice patients.
- Must be currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Florida.