On Call Scheduler Per Diem - Private Care
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Per Diem
- Work Days
- Rotation of Weeknights and Weekends
- Work Hours
- Mon - Thurs: 5:00pm-8:00am / Weekends: Friday 5:00pm-Monday 8:00am
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join a winning team! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Several local and national discounts
***The schedule for this position is as follows:
- Weekday On Call shifts (Monday - Thursday) are 5:00pm - 8:00am
- Weekend On Call shift starts on Friday at 5:00pm and ends on Monday at 8:00am
The On-Call scheduler is responsible for VNA Private Care Services via client and associate phone calls with follow up action as necessary during non-office hours. Perform routine clerical and data entry duties associated with scheduling of VNA Private Care Services clients.
- Perform scheduling duties using electronic medical record and scheduling software.
- Accurately maintain client and caregiver schedules in scheduling package, adjusting staffing and schedule to meet the needs of the client and caregiver under the supervision of the Director, Patient Care Manager and/or RN Nurse Case Manager.
- Receive report at the end of office hours for the following on-call period; including review of employee work schedules, client updates and pending admissions.
- Manage associate call-offs with immediate replacement using designated on-call or other available associate. Notify client and/or caregiver of change in scheduled associate before the start of the shift.
- Report client requests, complaints or emergencies (accidents, unusual incidents, changes in client condition) promptly to the On-Call nurse or Director and/or Patient Care Manager as needed.
- Notify the On-Call nurse of any associate requiring client report.
- Give full report to the Director, Patient Care Manager, RN Nurse Case Manager and/or Scheduler as appropriate at the end of each on-call period.
- Maintain an accurate record of all activities/incidents in the on-call log book.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintain all protected health information (PHI) obtained in the course of work as confidential and, as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-workers or others outside of the Agency.
- Comply with VNA policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings and complete mandatory education by the department deadline.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training desired.