- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 8am - 5pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Generous paid time off accrual
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- 403B Retirement plan
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a Payroll Specialist to process payroll and provide payroll support to associates and managers of VNA and affiliates. This position will perform department duties and role under the supervision of the Payroll Supervisor. Meet payroll cycle deadline to ensure timely delivery of pay to all associates on pay dates. Serve as a resource and point of contact for internal and external payroll questions, and provide payroll support to associates and managers.
- Process payroll on computerized systems and maintains computerized report files for all companies.
- Responsible for core components of biweekly payroll processing including review and process employee time entries, process special adjustments and quality control of payroll.
- Maintain payroll spreadsheets/reports and distribute appropriately.
- Partner closely with human resource personnel to ensure payroll records are accurate and timely.
- Make appropriate updates to associate's computer records ie; employee withholdings, deductions, SmarTime, etc.
- Be a point of contact for internal and external payroll questions.
- Work in close cooperation with and under direction of Payroll Supervisor on payroll workflow, policy and procedures. Proactively bring issues and questions forward for resolution.
- Provide backup payroll presentation at VNA orientation.
- Prepare and reconcile reports; maintain year-end payroll data, including but not limited to W2s.
- Stay current on organizational policies impacting payroll and payroll regulations, including but not limited to Fair Labor Standards Act (FLAS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor.
- Flex work schedule based on needs to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Be trained in and serve as a resource to other department functions such as Accounts Payable when needed.
- May be given special assignments or projects as needed.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or committees as requested.
- Minimum of two year’s payroll experience in complex pay environment with similar responsibilities, such as healthcare or similarly complex environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.