Per Diem Hospice Aide Hospice House - Night Shift ($250 SIGN ON BONUS!!)
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Per Diem
- Work Days
- Work Hours
- 7pm - 7am
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $250 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
(Certain terms and conditions apply)
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
***The day shift schedule is: 7:00pm - 7:00am.
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a Hospice Aide to work in our Hospice House to perform and/or assist with activities of daily living (ADL) and personal care as written in the client’s individualized plan of care. Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) or Patient Care Manager (PCM). Receive scheduling assignments and direction from the PCM, Senior Leader or Scheduler. Integrate and demonstrate the core values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
Regardless if CNA/HHA, will perform the duties of a HHA.
- Perform ADL and personal care activities for the client according to the written assignment by the RN.
- Provide safe, competent care to promote client health, hygiene, and comfort
- Use/store equipment and supplies in a safe, appropriate manner; Follow VNA safety policies/procedures. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the supervisor and Human Resources
- Provide light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dishwashing, laundering client’s garments, linen change, and dusting and vacuuming client’s room. Provide pet care if needed
- Provide transportation for the client to physician appointments, errands, outside activities etc., as required
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintain all protected health information (PHI) obtained in the course of work as confidential and, as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-workers or others outside of the Agency
- Assist the client to reach maximum potential with mobility and activities of daily living under the direction of the RN
- Document client’s condition through written or telephony reports to ensure continuity and quality of care and maintain clinical records according to agency guidelines
- Observe and report client physical and mental changes to RN Nurse Case Manager, Patient Care Manager or Director
- Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Director, Patient Care Manager or RN Nurse Case Manager
- Comply with VNA policies and procedures
- Follow safety practices, procedures and policies. Report client safety hazards to supervisor. Report work-related injury/illness immediately to Director and Human Resources
- Attend required meetings and complete mandatory education by the department deadline
- Graduate of CNA Program with a minimum of 75 hours (HHA) including 20 hours of Home Health Education in the course curriculum or Graduate of 40 hour Home Health Aide program, and/or the VNA reserves the right to test Home Health Aide competencies
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum six months work experience in home health, hospice or acute/long term facility
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license
- Current automobile insurance with bodily injury coverage per VNA requirement