Referral Specialist LPN
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 10:30am - 6:30pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a Referral Specialist LPN to coordinate and process appropriate home health and hospice referrals assisting in continuity of care. Navigate through partnering facilities, such as the hospital’s case management department and/or with other facility personnel to support next steps for continuation of care. Utilize broad knowledge of community resources to also assist with community referrals as well as educating others about the services the VNA provides. Incorporate and demonstrate the Core Values of the VNA – Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence at work and whenever representing the VNA.
- Work and plan through the hospital and other care facilities case management department and with personnel of the facility to coordinate VNA home health.
- Involve patient, significant others, hospital personnel and physicians in active and appropriate home care planning.
- Notify VNA office regarding admissions and coordinate any services available through VNA that the patient will need.
- Obtain necessary third party payor information for billing department and obtain necessary financial information for patients being admitted to Hospice House.
- Interact with representatives in coordinating durable medical equipment and/or home IV therapy for patients.
- Serve as the agency representative to health institutions and agencies in the community to enhance community education.
- Participate in QA activities as assigned, such as utilization review committee.
- Cover phone in referral center and assist with processing of referrals, as required
- Follow protocol of facility to properly access patient records while complying with HIPAA and confidentiality standards
- Current LPN license in the State of Florida
- Basic computer skills required