Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health - Part Time (Evenings)
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Part Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 5:00pm - 9:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
* This position will work flexible evening hours on Monday - Friday.
The VNA is seeking an RN to work nights with our Indian River County Home Health division. In accordance with regulatory requirements and the mission and vision of the VNA of the Treasure Coast, the Registered Nurse is responsible for patient assessment and delivery of physician directed skilled care and education in the home setting. This position description is applicable for registered nurses whose primary role is to admit patients to home health and/or completion of assigned subsequent visits.
- Accept assignments for patient admission to home health and subsequent visits as required
- Accurately complete a comprehensive assessment and develops a patient treatment plan appropriate to the needs of the patient as identified in the assessment.
- Possess well developed job skills including hands-on skilled care, nursing judgment, organization, problem solving, critical thinking, and verbal/non verbal communication
- Preplan all visits by review of key patient information and physician orders.
- Provide instruction to both patients and significant others identified as care participants.
- Observe patient response to treatments. Report patient change in condition or inability to comply with the plan of treatment to the appropriate physician. Alter the plan of treatment based on patient need and communicates same to other clinicians and/or manager according to need.
- Maintain a working knowledge of VNA policies and clinical procedures and seek guidance when necessary
- Be observant and knowledgeable in patient safety measures with particular reference to completion of medication management and reconciliation, oxygen safety, fall risk, emergency planning
- Complete all mandatory agency education and meetings in the time required unless arrangements have been made with an immediate supervisor.
- Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations, concepts in managed care and Joint Commission requirements.
- Effectively uses the agency’s software programs to plan, deliver and document patient care according to accepted agency and regulatory guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other clinical disciplines, schedulers and supervisors to meet patient needs
- Responsible to complete a home health aide care plan, as applicable, when implementing the service and complete scheduled home health aide supervisory visits as assigned.
- Assume responsibility to remain current in the nursing skills and theory as it pertains to the delivery of home health services
- Work collaboratively with primary nurse case manager, clinical managers and other members of the care team in the interest of coordinating patient care
- Other duties as assigned
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Minimum 1 year experience as an RN
- 1 year home health experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare Regulations for Home Health is preferred