Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health (Post Operative Care)
- Part Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
- 4:00pm - 8:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- 403B retirement plan
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
* This is a part time evening position. Associate will work the 4:00pm - 8:00pm shift.
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking an RN to perform home health visits with a concentration on post operative care.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Observes patient condition to monitor response to treatment. Counsels and teaches patient and significant others to accomplish goals. Conducts physical assessment and history to determine health problems and determines intervention required. Establishes and follows a care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
- Assesses patient and family for appropriateness of and acceptance for home care. Serves on agency committees as requested.
- Assists in orientation of new staff nurses. Provides supervision to Home Health Aides and prepares their assignments. Participates in community health projects.
- Maintains clinical records according to agency, State and Federal guidelines. Participates in QA activities as assigned. Understands medico-legal implications of records and recordings.
- Determines the focus of each patient visit. Refers to other resources within the agency and to appropriate other community agencies as needed. Recognizes families' abilities, limitations, and stresses, and helps them cope with their changing roles.
- Coordinates services of interdisciplinary team. Formulates appropriate discharge plans. May participate in agency in-service education programs. Attends all staff meetings requested by supervisor.
- Must hold current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida
- One year recent experience in medicare home health setting is desired
- Prior experience in a post operative setting is preferred
- Prior experience with electronic medical records preferred