Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice House - Per Diem (Night Shift)
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Per Diem
- Work Days
- Work Hours
- 7:00pm - 7:00am
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
Flexible schedules available for some positions
Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a Per Diem RN to work in our Hospice House. This position will provide skilled nursing care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. Night shift availability is required. Night shift hours are 7:00pm - 7:00am.
- Identify patient/family needs and provide supportive care in accordance with the attending physician's orders and plan of care and VNA Hospice policies and procedures.
- Initiate communication with attending physicians, other Hospice staff members and other agencies, as needed, to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Maintain regular communication with the Hospice House Manager regarding patient acuity.
- Inform the Hospice House Manager of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues and other means.
- Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
- Maintain up-to-date records and seek input from other team members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support.
- Meet regularly with Hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues, share professional support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
- Share in providing 24 hour, seven-day week coverage to patient/families.
- Provide appropriate support at time of death and period of bereavement.
- Provides supervision to CNA/HHA and prepares assignments.
- Maintains the most up-to-date knowledge of symptom management.
- Maintains compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in VNA Hospice orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff.
- Promotes customer service.
- Current RN license in the State of Florida
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an RN in Hospice is preferred