Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem On Call - Private Care
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Per Diem
- Work Days
- Work Hours
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking an RN to become a professional member of our VNA Private Care team which provides skilled nursing care to clients in the comfort of their own home. The ideal candidate will be a trained professional and dedicated caregiver who can function with a high level of autonomy and who possesses excellent organizational and communication skills.
**This is an on-call position that will involve weekend and weeknight rotation.
- Assume primary responsibility for a client caseload. Coordinate all services and collaborate with members of the health care team.
- Provide ongoing assessment of patient response to treatment, medication and teaching. Provide interventions and revise as needed.
- Communicate with physician to confirm, correlate, update client’s plan of treatment and provide physician with a status report on a regular basis.
- Use, store and maintain equipment and supplies in a safe, appropriate manner.
- Attend case conferences with supervisor on a regular basis to discuss new admissions, potential discharges, clients due for recertification and problem solving.
- Provide instruction and supervision of LPN, home health aide and companion staff on a timely basis; and in accordance with agency, State and Federal regulations.
- Assist in orientation of new employees and students to primary nursing, field work and home care philosophy.
- Utilize inter-agency and community resources to assure continuity of care.
- Maintain and update client records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Complete care documentation in an accurate and timely manner within established timeframe.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintain all protected health information (PHI) obtained in the course of work as confidential and, as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-workers or others outside of the Agency.
- Perform all nursing duties in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act and comply with VNA policies and procedures.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings, team meetings and in-service programs. Fulfill mandatory e-learning courses by the due date.
- Participate in chart audits and QA activities.
- Follow VNA safety policies/procedures. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the immediate supervisor and Human Resources.
- Active RN license in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR
- Minimum one year work experience in hospice, home health, geriatrics, or medical/surgical nursing
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license
- Current automobile insurance with bodily injury coverage per VNA requirement