Registered Nurse (RN) Weekend - Home Health (32 hrs/week & Benefit Eligible!!!)
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Part-Time
- Work Days
- Friday - Monday
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join a winning team! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Generous paid time off accrual; 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a Weekend RN to perform home health visits. Four day schedule will include every Saturday and Sunday. Must hold current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida. Two years prior experience in Medicare home health setting and previous OASIS experience is preferred. Prior experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Observes patient condition to monitor response to treatment. Counsels and teaches patient and significant others to accomplish goals. Conducts physical assessment and history to determine health problems and determines intervention required. Establishes and follows a care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
- Assesses patient and family for appropriateness of and acceptance for home care. Serves on agency committees as requested.
- Assists in orientation of new staff nurses. Provides supervision to Home Health Aides and prepares their assignments. Participates in community health projects.
- Maintains clinical records according to agency, State and Federal guidelines. Participates in QA activities as assigned. Understands medico-legal implications of records and recordings.
- Determines the focus of each patient visit. Refers to other resources within the agency and to appropriate other community agencies as needed. Recognizes families' abilities, limitations, and stresses, and helps them cope with their changing roles.
- Coordinates services of interdisciplinary team. Formulates appropriate discharge plans. May participate in agency in-service education programs. Attends all staff meetings requested by supervisor and a minimum of six (6) per year.
- Assists with flow of communication from weekend staff to weekday staff.
- Must hold current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida
- One year recent experience in Medicare home health setting is desired
- Prior experience with electronic medical records preferred