Resale Boutique Clerk/Driver
- Job Location
- Part Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Saturday (rotates)
- Work Hours
- 24 hours/week (exact hours will vary)
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a Resale Boutique Clerk/Driver to work in our Hidden Treasures store. This person will assist with the day-to-day operation of the Thrift Shop to include pickup of donations, delivery of merchandise, substitute at register and work in the back room as needed. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a high level of autonomy, be able to demonstrate strong and effective communication skills and must have strong organizational skills.
- Maintain and drive the thrift store delivery truck(s) to pick up donated items and deliver merchandise to customers. Load and unload items.
- Meet with potential furniture donors and when necessary, discourage unsatisfactory donations in a diplomatic manner so as not to discourage future donations.
- Ensure that the delivery truck is kept clean, in safe working order, and is maintained per manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure donations are safely loaded and secured on the truck prior to departure from the donor’s location. Unload items in a safe manner to prevent damage to donations.
- Maintain daily log of pickups, deliveries, gas receipts, incident reports, etc., for the daily operations of the vehicle.
- Facilitate pickups and deliveries to accommodate donor and driver time.
- Connect/disconnect televisions and other electronics for resale when customer needs assistance.
- Assist with daily operation in thrift store when required. Operate register, process credit card transactions, sort and price donations, set up displays, arrange furniture, clean and tidy sales floor. Clean furniture and straighten departments throughout the store.
- Remove undesirable stock and change out color-coded tickets when needed.
- Close out and balance the cash register and make bank deposits when needed.
- Create displays and dress mannequins when needed.
- Perform assigned daily custodial duties when needed.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures when needed.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and utilize all proper equipment for lifting and hauling merchandise to practice proper safety in all aspects of job duties. Notify supervisor immediately and complete appropriate accident reporting procedure.
- Follow VNA safety policies/procedures and keep all merchandise areas safe for volunteers and customers. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Resale Manager and Human Resources.
- Attend required meetings and complete mandatory education by the department deadline.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Experience in a resale or consignment operation a plus.
- Ability to lift, move and rearrange furniture and merchandise
Current and valid Florida driver’s license.
To perform the essential duties, the individual must be able to:
Regularly: stand, walk, reach and grasp with hands/arms, feel/touch; use hand-eye coordination, use vision for close, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust focus; carry/lift and/or move items (some large and bulky) with or without equipment, weight 350 pounds or greater.
Occasionally: sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
Work Environment: Most of time is spent driving a delivery truck in outside weather conditions; moderate noise. Environment may be dusty due to nature of the business.
Job Reference #: 1981