Sales Associate (Part Time) - VNA Hidden Treasures Store (Vero Beach)
- Part Time
- Work Days
- Monday-Friday & some Saturdays
- Work Hours
- 2:30pm - 6:30pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- 403B Retirement plan with company contribution after one year of service
- Several local and national discounts
*The schedule for this position is as follows: Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 6:30pm & some Saturdays 8:30am - 4:00pm
This position will perform tasks that aide the day-to-day operations of the Resale Boutique. Support and perform goals and tasks to improve customer service, drive store sales and increase profitability. Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service provided is quick and efficient. Work on a day-to-day basis with co-workers and store volunteers. Integrate and demonstrate the Core Values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
- Assist with the daily operation of the Resale Boutique according to established policies and procedures.
- Accept payment for merchandise, operate cash register and process credit card transactions.
- Perform assigned daily custodial duties.
- Perform quality control of merchandise in the processing room and on the sales floor.
- Keep sales departments safe, clean and organized.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Remove undesirable and outdated inventory.
- Process donations according to established policies and procedures.
- Provide back up to other departments as needed.
- Facilitate pickups and deliveries to accommodate donor and driver time.
- Fill in for driver (van or box truck) following safety and maintenance procedures as needed.
- Assist with loading and unloading donations.
- Perform closing procedures.
- Create displays and dress mannequins.
- Make signs for sales and upcoming events.
- Research items for sale on the internet when requested by manager.
- Price furniture to be sold when requested by manager.
- Schedule volunteers to fill shifts when requested by manager..
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Provide work direction to other staff and volunteers when requested by manager.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and utilize all proper equipment for lifting and hauling merchandise to practice proper safety in all aspects of job duties. Notify supervisor immediately and complete appropriate accident reporting procedure.
- Follow VNA safety policies/procedures and keep all merchandise areas safe for volunteers and customers. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Resale Manager and Human Resources.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Experience in a resale or consignment operation a plus.
- Current and valid Florida drivers license.
Ability to lift, move, and rearrange furniture and merchandise.