Weekend Physician Liaison
- Job Location
- US-FL-Vero Beach
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Full time (Every weekend required)
- Work Hours
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The VNA is seeking a Weekend Physician Liaison to build and maintain relationship between VNA and physician offices, community and community health organizations with the VNA. Educate physicians, staff and community organizations about all VNA services, especially those opportunities that lead to patient referrals. Report to the Sales Director with some supervision. Demonstrate VNA core values in all aspects of duties.
- Leads initiatives and acts as a business partner to build volume and favorable provider preferences among referral sources
- Works collaboratively with VNA service line leaders
- Develops and implements specific outreach, relationship building and marketing plans
- Develops strong business relationships with local community organizations
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communications with referring providers and their office staff
- Builds awareness and trust with referral sources thereby securing referrals
- Identifies referral sources for each VNA service line including any cross selling between services offered at the VNA
- Develops meaningful relationships with managers, nursing leaders, key contacts and opinion leaders both at the VNA as well as within a referral source
- Interprets data necessary to determine priority area for growing referrals
- Protects and grows market share
- Provides for ongoing profiling and monitoring of the market to identify demographic, competitor and changes in the healthcare marketplace
- Uses survey information to identify opportunities or correct problems that have a negative impact on the VNA
- Provides insight to Leadership Team related to emerging business opportunities
- Advocates for initiatives that are aimed at improving processes related to referrals (increasing the convenience for referrals to contact the VNA or for the VNA to contact the referral organizations)
- Maintains and grows accurate information and knowledge of current trends
- Establish and maintain contact with physician offices to explain services, and answer questions regarding patient care.
- Communicates directly with physicians where possible and appropriate.
- May be assigned a specific territory or physician group or physician specialty as needed.
- Participates as a member of the community education program as needed.
- Utilizes principles of education and interpersonal communication techniques for problem solving as a representative of VNA.
- Maintain and distributes brochures, flyers and other informational materials about VNA services.
- Educates new agencies, physicians and facilities who have patients in need of VNA services.
- Provides community education on home health care and hospice benefits, Medicare regulations and VNA services through public speaking opportunities and special educational community events as needed.
- If RN, is available to serve as a back-up for the referral specialist in local hospitals and health agencies as needed.
- Takes every opportunity to educate the lay community about VNA.
- Represents the VNA in a professional, courteous and respectful way to community institutions and agencies.
- Meets and/or exceeds budgeted admission goals.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required; three years health care related sales experience; professional licensure as a health care provider preferred.